Benefits of FST
What are some of the benefits of FST?
Improve range of motion
Improve quality of sleep
Improve recovery from training, surgery, or injury
Improve physical and emotional wellbeing
Decrease stress and anxiety
Feel younger and more energetic
Fascia is a specialized system of the body that has an appearance similar to a spider’s web or a sweater. Fascia is very densely woven, covering and interpenetrating every muscle, bone, nerve, artery and vein, as well as, all of our internal organs including the heart, lungs, brain and spinal cord. The most interesting aspect of the fascial system is that it is not just a system of separate coverings. It is actually one continuous structure that exists from head to toe without interruption. In this way you can begin to see that each part of the entire body is connected to every other part by the fascia, like the yarn in a sweater.
Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive structures that do not show up in many of the standard tests (x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans, electromyography, etc.) A high percentage of people suffering with pain and/or lack of motion may be having fascial problems, but are not diagnosed.
FST™ is a unique, complete and complementary system of table-based assisted stretching. It focuses on the fascia and joint capsule as the key elements in achieving optimal flexibility, strength, performance and pain relief.
These sessions leave you feeling relaxed and decompressed! FST™ will help uncover areas of tightness you didn’t realize existed, while simultaneously creating release through a gentle, pain free, traction/contract and relax approach.
People of all ages! Any patient cleared by their physician for stretching & active movement, fitness enthusiasts, and athletes of all levels.
FST is pain-free! It improves mobility of your nerves and flexibility of your muscles and fascia. Other methods focus on isolated muscle stretching which is often uncomfortable or even painful and results are only temporary.
Fascia surrounds each muscle, connects them to each other and penetrates deep inside them. It also connects muscles to tendons, ligaments, and bone to form a body wide, smart functional network. Fascia connects to all of your organs and systems too.
- Pain reduction
- Stress reduction
- Better sleep
- Better posture
- Improved mobility
- More effective workouts
Imagine putting on a pair of shrunken jeans fresh out of the dryer, think of the way you would move, restricted and tight, you may have a hard time bending down.
Now, imagine putting on a pair of loose, pyjama pants and think of how much easier and fluid your movements are when you aren’t restricted by the tight jeans. When you come to a Fascial Stretch Therapy session, when you lay down it’s like you’ve got those tight jeans on and when you get up, your joints and tissues will feel looser like you’ve put on pyjamas.
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer.
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
- Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia.
- There is NO medication that can improve your fascia.
- There is NO supplement that can optimize your fascia.
- Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align and improve your fascia.
Effects of Untreated Fascia
- decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis and more
- increased muscle tone can lead to trigger points, strain, tendonitis, tears & more
- increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & more
- increased scar tissue formation
- decreased blood flow, decreased energy, increased fatigue & more