Recharge. Recover. Regenerate.
If you want to find the SECRETS to Moving Better, Feeling Better and Performing Better, think in terms of ENERGY, FREQUENCY, and VIBRATION
Chris Frederick, Cofounder of Stretch to Win Institute
What is Fascial Stretch Therapy?
FST is a pain-free, assisted-stretch modality that utilizes a treatment table and stabilizing straps to increase ROM (Range of Motion), relieve pain and tightness, and increase athletic performance and recovery. This dynamic facilitated stretching technique targets the NeuroMyoFascial communication of the body for optimal improvements in mobility, flexibility, and functional movement. FST reduces adhesions throughout the fascial nets and re-educates your body back to proper movement.
Clients report feeling relaxed, lighter with improved flexibility / mobility after as little as one session.
Science of Fascial Stretch Therapy ™
In 1995 at Arizona State University, Ann Frederick did a videographic research analysis with a PhD mentor in exercise science. She wanted to study the effects of manual, assisted stretching with subjects on a massage table. One of their legs was gently restrained to prevent movement, so that she could use the straight leg raise test to measure outcomes due to stretching the hamstrings.
Range of motion in the straight leg raise measurement increased from a low of 37% to a high of 52% (mean average 45%) with subjects in her PNF modified stretch group compared to controls who had no intervention. FST got its start with an attempt to scientifically see if it made any sense or had any credibility. It obviously got off to a good start.
From the Life 360 Health and Wellness Summit 2018 by Dana Sterling Founder of Sterling Structural Therapy
What is it like?
Imagine putting on a pair of shrunken jeans fresh out of the dryer, think of the way you would move, restricted and tight…you may have trouble bending down.
Now, imagine putting on a pair of loose pajama pants and think of how much easier and fluid your movements are when you are no longer restricted by those tight jeans. When you come in for a stretch, when you lay down it’s like you’ve got those tight jeans on, and when you get up your joints and tissues will feel looser like you’ve put on pajamas!
How can FST Help You?
What are the BENEFITS?
Who benefits from FST™ ?
- Professional Athletes
- Weekend Warriors
- People with tight hips or shoulders
- People who spend much of their day sitting (such as at the computer)
- People with low back pain
How Does FST™ work?
- Stretching sequences start with the joint capsule where up to 42% of restrictions in range of motion can occur.
- Stretches focus on lines of muscles and fascia, not just individual muscles.
- Stretches occur in multiple angles and lines of movement.
- Stretches incorporate traction and movement to more effectively increase joint space and release fascial adhesions.
- FST manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns, and re-organizes your fascia.
- FST can eliminate painful trigger points.
What are the Benefits of FST™ ?
- Manipulates, lengthens, re-aligns the fascia tissue.
- Increases joint space.
- Eliminates trigger points
- Improves muscle activation & relaxation.
- Improves flexibility
- Improves sleep
- Improves posture
- Prevents injuries from occurring
- Increases blood flow and circulation
- Improves mood and overall happiness
What people are saying
The Most Frequently Asked Questions
Fascia is a specialized system of the body that has an appearance similar to a spider’s web or a sweater. Fascia is very densely woven, covering and interpenetrating every muscle, bone, nerve, artery and vein, as well as, all of our internal organs including the heart, lungs, brain and spinal cord. The most interesting aspect of the fascial system is that it is not just a system of separate coverings. It is actually one continuous structure that exists from head to toe without interruption. In this way you can begin to see that each part of the entire body is connected to every other part by the fascia, like the yarn in a sweater.
Trauma, inflammatory responses, and/or surgical procedures create Myofascial restrictions that can produce tensile pressures of approximately 2,000 pounds per square inch on pain sensitive structures that do not show up in many of the standard tests (x-rays, myelograms, CAT scans, electromyography, etc.) A high percentage of people suffering with pain and/or lack of motion may be having fascial problems, but are not diagnosed.
People of all ages! Any patient cleared by their physician for stretching & active movement, fitness enthusiasts, and athletes of all levels.
FST is pain-free! It improves mobility of your nerves and flexibility of your muscles and fascia. Other methods focus on isolated muscle stretching which is often uncomfortable or even painful and results are only temporary.
Fascia surrounds each muscle, connects them to each other and penetrates deep inside them. It also connects muscles to tendons, ligaments, and bone to form a body wide, smart functional network. Fascia connects to all of your organs and systemstoo.
- Pain reduction
- Stress reduction
- Better sleep
- Better posture
- Improved mobility
- More effective workouts
Imagine putting on a pair of shrunken jeans fresh out of the dryer, think of the way you would move, restricted and tight, you may have a hard time bending down.
Now, imagine putting on a pair of loose, pyjama pants and think of how much easier and fluid your movements are when you aren’t restricted by the tight jeans. When you come to a Fascial Stretch Therapy session, when you lay down it’s like you’ve got those tight jeans on and when you get up, your joints and tissues will feel looser like you’ve put on pajamas.
- Fascia is the most prevalent tissue in the body yet it is the least understood by your doctor, therapist and trainer.
- The health and function of all joints & muscles are a direct result of the condition of your fascia.
- Healthy circulation in your muscles, joints, arteries, veins, brain & spinal cord is largely dependent on optimal flexibility of your fascia.
- There is NO medication that can improve your fascia.
- There is NO supplement that can optimize your fascia.
- Exercise alone does not optimally balance, align and improve your fascia.
- decreased joint space can lead to degenerative joint disease, osteoarthritis and more
- increased muscle tone can lead to trigger points, strain, tendonitis, tears & more
- increased nervous tissue tone can lead to headaches, trigger points, muscle tightness & more
- increased scar tissue formation
- decreased blood flow, decreased energy, increased fatigue & more
SUPERCHARGE Your Mind, Body, and Spirit!
Whether you’re a grandparent who wants to enjoy playing with your grandchildren, someone who wants to maintain a healthy and fit lifestyle, or an elite athlete who wants to push your body to its maximum potential, we can help you achieve your health and wellness goals.
Our services, including Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy (PEMF), Fascial Stretch Therapy (FST), Ozone Therapy (O3), Rife Therapy, Photobiomodulation (PBM), and Vibroacoustic Therapy (VAT) are some of the most cutting-edge, science-backed technologies available to help you recharge, regenerate, and optimize the body’s natural self-healing and self-regulating function.